Motivation • Resilience • Confidence • Growth Mindset
Steve is founder and lead trainer at Youth Wise and lives in Pembrokeshire with his wife and family. He is a professionally trained and fully qualified youth work practitioner and leader, with almost 30 years experience of working with young people and young adults in Wales.
Steve has had an interest in the field of personal development and the human potential movement for as long as he can remember. He has always had a passion for helping others to bring out the best in themselves – particularly the young people he has worked with down the years encouraging them to make best use of their unique gifts and talents and to live happy and fulfilled lives.
He’s on a mission, born of a strong personal conviction, to tackle the pervasive sense of hopelessness that sadly now seems to affect so many of our young people today. That is why he’s established Youth Wise – to help motivate and inspire young people to be the best version of themselves, envision a brighter future and to bounce back and flourish when life’s inevitable challenges come knocking at the door.
Steve’s workshops include information and concepts derived from the fields of positive psychology and Neuro Linguistic Programming and they introduce young people to techniques and strategies that build hope, efficacy, resilience and optimism. He very much believes that how and what we think directly correlates to the quality of life we subsequently live and the outcomes and results we get. His interactive workshops and motivational talks are therefore designed to be thought provoking and fun – he uses his humour to help young people to confront beliefs that can limit their achievement whilst assisting them to gain a stronger sense of self and an expanded awareness of potential and possibility.
Steve is also a certified NLP Master Practitioner and Coach registered with the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming . In addition to the services he delivers to young people, he also offers 1:1 coaching and mentoring to professionals who are ready to take the next step in their personal and professional development.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Bachelor of Philosophy (Education) The University of Birmingham
- City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Education and Training – Neath Port Talbot Centre for Professional Development
- City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment – Educ8 Group
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (iOSH) – Managing Safely
- Agored Cymru Level 2 in Safeguarding Awareness (Wales)
- Edexcel Level 4 in Management – University of Glamorgan
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Certified Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming – The American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming
- NLP Master Coach – The American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Master Practitioner of Hypnosis – The American Board of Hypnotherapy
- Master Practitioner of Time Line Therapy – Time Line Therapy Association
- Diploma in NLP Coaching
- Mental Health First Aid Wales – Certificate of Attendance
- Registered with the Education Workforce Council Wales as a Work Based Learning Practitioner and as a Professionally Qualified Youth Worker